‘Scarlet Ripple’ ice cream launches at IFE in support of the Scarlets Appeal
Cream & Country, the quintessentially British ice cream brand, has launched a limited edition ‘Scarlet Ripple’ flavour in support of The Royal Hospital Chelsea’s Scarlets Appeal.
5p for each ice cream pot sold will be donated to the Scarlets Appeal in order to help raise money to fund a new lighter Scarlet coat for the Chelsea Pensioners.
Veterans have struggled with their current heavy uniforms during the hot summer months and are often prevented from carrying out the duties they love due to risk of over-exhaustion. The Scarlets Appeal is raising money to purchase new breathable, modern fabric with the same iconic design but made much more comfortable.
Managing Director Karen Green says: “As a British brand we are proud to be supporting such an amazing cause for our country’s deserving veterans. We hope that we can raise money and give people a taste of luxury ice cream at the same time with a modern twist on a classic eton mess – dairy ice cream swirled with red berry sauce and crunchy meringue pieces.”
The product has also been entered for the World innovation awards focusing on its innovative marketing campaign working with the Scarlet appeal.
Brigadier Tweedie Brown CBE, Chairman of Cream & Country, a veteran of HM Forces, who has a long association with British Forces charities, commented: “Helping Forces’ charities is a huge part of what Cream & Country stands for. We use the best of British produce and our Forces are amongst the best in the world. The characteristics of our farmers – hard work, dedication, pride in what they do – are a perfect match with the ethos of our sailors, soldiers and air forces. I am particularly pleased that The Royal Hospital Chelsea, with its Royal and historical associations, is our cornerstone charity.”
Scarlet Ripple is the latest flavour to compliment Cream & Country’s quirky swirled recipes that have been inspired by the classic tastes of Britain such as New Forest Gateau – luscious chocolate and cherry ripple and English Cream Tea – clotted cream ice cream combined with jam and scone.
Scarlet Ripple will be available to purchase at The Royal Hospital Chelsea shop
About Cream & Country
- Cream & Country is a range of quintessentially British ice cream pots that are 100% natural.
- The range of ice cream flavours do not use any genetically modified products or artificial colours and flavours.
- Cream & Country ice creams come in a range of 120ml and 4l scooping tubs including: English Cream Tea Ice Cream; Rhubarb and Stem Ginger Ice Cream; Salted Caramel Ice Cream; Jenken Place English Sparkling Wine & Elderflower Sorbet; New Forest Gateau Ice Cream and the classic Vanilla Ice Cream.
Cream & Country and the Royal Hospital Chelsea
- Cream & Country is proud to support the Royal Hospital Chelsea founded by King Charles II, the first monarch to serve ice cream in the UK.
- The Royal Hospital Chelsea shop support British Forces’ veterans, offering accommodation, comradeship and the highest standards of care in recognition of their service. Some 300 army veterans live at the Royal Hospital today.
- Cream & Country ice cream is stocked at the Royal Hospital Chelsea shop and is enjoyed by the veterans!
Contact Karen Green on 07811 942054 or email@example.com
For a full list of stockists visit www.creamandcountry.co.uk.